Data protection declaration
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of your personal data during use of our website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller within the meaning of Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
barth Spedition GmbH
Im Nasswasen 1, 72379 Hechingen
represented by the managing director Uwe Schempp
You can contact our data protection officer at datenschutzbeauftragterkeinSpam(at)barth.eu or using the postal address given above, adding the line ‘For the attention of the Data Protection Officer’.
(3) When you contact us by email or using a contact form, the data provided by you (your email address, and name, address, telephone number and booking reference, where applicable) will be stored by us for the purpose of responding to your questions and processing order transactions. We will erase the data generated in this context when storage of it is no longer necessary, or will restrict the processing of it in cases where statutory preservation duties apply.
(4) In cases where we avail ourselves of contract service providers for particular functions of our offer or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective processes. We will also state the specified criteria relating to the duration of storage.
§ 2 Your rights as a user of our internet sites
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
– Right to information,
– Right to rectification or erasure,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to object to processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority concerning the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data during visits to our website (Logfiles)
(1) In the case of use of our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, for example using our contact form, we will only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server.
If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data which we need for technical reasons in order to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 (f) GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of inquiry
– Difference in time zone from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (concrete page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transmitted
– Website from which the request came
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforesaid data, when you use our website, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by the browser used by you and which allow certain information to be channelled to the body initiating the cookie (in this case ourselves). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the website altogether more user-friendly and efficient.
a) Our website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. One form of transient cookies are “session cookies”. These store a so-called session ID, which enables several inquiries from your browser to be attributed to the joint session. This allows your computer to recognize when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log off or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time via the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings in line with your personal wishes and, for example, refuse to allow third-party cookies or indeed any cookies on your computer. We would, however, point out that in that case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
f) [The flash cookies used are not registered by your browser but through your flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your terminal device. These objects store the necessary data independently of the browser used by you and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the processing of flash cookies, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode on your browser. We also recommend you to regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.]
§ 4 Use of Google Analytics
(1) Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, i.e. text files which are stored on your computer and which enable analysis of your use of our website. The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA, where it is stored. In Member States of the European Union or other signatory states to the Treaty on the European Economic Area, however, the IP anonymization function on the website, if activated, means that your IP address is shortened by Google before transmission of the data. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the USA and then shortened there. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your usage of the website, compile reports on the website activities and provide the website operator with other services associated with use of the website and of the Internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent storage of the cookies by choosing the corresponding setting of your browser software; we would, however, point out that in this case you may then not be able to make full use of all the functions on this website. You can additionally prevent transmission of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and processing of the data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This causes IP addresses to be shortened before further processing, so that reference to a specific person can be ruled out. As soon as the data collected on you acquires a personal reference, therefore, this is immediately ruled out and the personal data are immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and make regular improvements to it. The statistical information obtained allows us to improve our offering and enhance its interest to you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 (f) GDPR.
(6) Information of the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, FAX: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, data protection overview: www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection policy statement: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
§5 Social Media Plug-ins (Links/Buttons)
(1) We use social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook and Linkedin on the basis of Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 (f) of the GDPR. The underlying commercial purpose is considered a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. These social networks are operated exclusively by third-party providers, whose legal domiciles are located in part outside the EU. It is possible that third-party providers do not offer you an adequate level of data security. These browser plug-ins and links are marked in our Internet site by logos or other references.
a) Facebook / Button
We use a social media plug-in from Facebook on our website for the purpose of personalising its use. To do this, we make use of the LIKE and SHARE buttons. This is an offer of Facebook. When you access our website, which contains such a plug-in, your browser sets up a direct connection to Facebook’s servers. The plug-in content is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser, which in turn embeds it in the website. By means of this embedded plug-in, Facebook obtains the information that your browser has accessed the respective page on our website, even if you do not have an account with Facebook or are not currently logged into Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook is able to associate your visit to our website directly with your Facebook account. Similarly, when you interact with the plug-in, for example by clicking on the LIKE or SHARE button, the corresponding information is transmitted to a Facebook server and stored there. In addition, the information is published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends. Facebook can use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research, and designing Facebook pages in line with requirements. To this end, Facebook compiles profiles of use, interest and relationships, for example to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users of your activities on our website, and to perform other services associated with the use of Facebook. If you do not wish Facebook to associate the data it collects from our website with your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website. Please see Facebook’s data privacy advice for information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and configuration options for protecting your privacy in relation to this (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy).
b) Xing/ Button